You’re probably wondering if the lemon law offers any protection for your used vehicle. In California, if your vehicle is still under the Manufacturer’s Warranty or has a written express warranty from the dealership, then you may be entitled to a vehicle buyback or replacement.
Which defects are covered by your used vehicle’s warranty? Talk to us today to find out! Your consultation with our team of used car lemon law specialists is FREE | 888-536-6628.
Types of Warranties for Your Used Vehicle
Unless your vehicle was sold “as-is”, your used or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is protected when the Manufacturer’s Warranty is applied. If your vehicle was sold or leased with an express written warranty, which may include an extended warranty, also known as a “service contract.” Other warranties include Powertrain Warranty from the manufacturer, which typically lasts around 3 years and 36,000 miles or around 5 years and 60,000 miles (whichever comes first).
Having the added protection of an extended warranty will allow for California and federal lemon laws to apply to your lemon law case.
The types of used vehicles covered by the California Lemon Law include:
- Used cars or vehicles bought and used primarily for personal, family or household purposes.
- Used cars or vehicles with a gross weight that is below 10,000 pounds and used primarily for business purposes where 5 or fewer vehicles are registered to the company.
- Used cars or vehicles that are sold with a written warranty.
- Lemon cars or vehicles that are repurchased by a manufacturer and then resold to consumers with a manufacturer’s warranty covering the defects.
When Does the Lemon Law NOT Apply to Your Used Vehicle?
- Your vehicle’s defects are caused by abuse after the vehicle’s purchase or lease.
- The terms of your vehicle’s warranty for maintenance and proper use were not followed as instructed.
See If Your Car Qualifies
Find out now if your Used or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle qualifies for a buyback or replacement under the lemon law! Fill out our Free Used Vehicle Check Form.
Our team of knowledgeable lemon law attorneys, along with a dedicated in-house Research and Development team, have over 20 years of experience helping clients understand their rights involving their defective used vehicle.
Dealer Can’t Fix Your Car, We Can Help!
We know the law and we will take a detailed look at your case to determine whether your used or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle qualifies under the California lemon law. Call our lemon law firm today at 888-536-6628 and request your FREE consultation with one of our attorneys.